Authors : G.K. VIJAYARAGHAVAN and Dr. L.GOVINDARAJAN
Publisher : A.R.S. Publications
Edition : Second Edition June 2009
Price : Rs. 140 (Prices are subject to change without prior notice)
Syllabus : Click here to download
Contents : Click here to download
Nuclear Engineering book is designed to meet the requirement of latest syllabus prescribed by the Anna University for 7th semester mechanical engineering students as elective subject. This text has been
· Unit I deal with the nuclear model of an atom, equivalence of mass and energy-binding, radio activity, half life, neutron interactions and cross sections.
· Unit II has an indepth dealing of mechanism of nuclear fission and fusion, radio activity, chain reactions, critical mass and composition, nuclear fuel cycles and its characteristics and nuclear fuels.
· Unit III deals with the reprocessing: nuclear fuel cycles, spent fuel characteristics, role of solvent extraction in reprocessing. Solvent extraction equipment is also elaborately discussed.Types of fast breeding reactors, design and construction of fast breeding reactors, heat transfer techniques in nuclear reactors, reactor shielding fusion reactors have been discussed in Unit IV.
· Unit IV Nuclear plant safety, safety systems, changes and consequences of accident, criteria for safety, nuclear waste and its disposal-radiation hazards and their prevention, weapons proliferation are treated elaborately in Unit V.
· Unit V Each unit has two mark questions and answers, and review questions from examination question papers of Anna University. At the tail end of this book many recent Anna University Solved question papers have been added, which will enable the students to understand the question pattern.With these features, we sincerely hope that this book would serve as a valuable text for the students. We welcome constructive criticisms on any errors or omissions for further improvement of this book.